Saturday, January 17, 2009

Insomnia & Jewels in 2 Cor. 5, 6

At 2:30 a.m. Suki awoke me so that I would let him out of the bedroom. Insomnia set in. . .I've been ill, a cold & other health issues so it's hard to say what sets of sleeplessness. But, I had good Bible readings during the hours that ensued.

1) Loved that 2 Cor 5:14, a snippet of the scripture. . ."For the love of Christ compels us"--. Think of that, compels. To force or drive; to secure or bring about by force. Compelled to be ambassadors of Christ, to love as Christ loves. What power we would all have for good.

2) In 2 Cor 6:5, it speaks of the situations we find ourselves in. . .". . .in tumults, in labors (the Mom thing), in sleeplessness (Bingo!). . ."--I find that comforting that insomnia is referred to! I felt compelled in the wee hours to leave appreciative messages to the artists I refer to often. . .

No comments: