Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yeah I'm Scrapping! Rusty but Present!

Heartbroken that Aloha Airlines dissolved their air services. This layout really doesn't capture all that I feel, though the experience was painful it was a scratch as to what the employees felt, unbeknownst to them that day. (I spy a hula girl stamp, she's so cute!)

The outstanding patterned paper available these days, scream to be used. I simply cannot slice the paper! I must just go with it as my base--for now. And for me, it works quite happily. I like busy-ness on layouts anyway for the most part.
Pulled out the embossing & stamps for a little banner play.

Ah, Maui. . . see how perfectly the lower case Basic Grey stickers fit in the banner! (I spy a new pineapple stamp! I have died and gone to heaven!)

Most self-portraits are of course non-spontaneous. This one I like because I look my age without looking as if I need a decade of sleep, LOL! The short poem was scraplifted from my morning blogging, it reads: Fear Less, Hope More. . .Whine Less, Breathe More. . .Talk Less, Say More. . .Hate Less, Love More. . .and All Good Things are yours NOW. Excellent food for thought because I own that whining bit.

Summer peaches from Kim's yard. Oh so sweet.
Zeus just hangs with Lorin in the hot sun while the patio path is being worked on. The path leading to the deck is almost done.
Jeanne sent me this "Beach" sign made of cat's eyes & broken cowries this year, it went right up on my wall in my scraproom. Feeling rusty at the desk, but happy to dust a bit and play. I've been sort of absent from the scrapworld, now that baseball is overwith & kids back in school I hope I can return to the creative world. There's a lot of creating to do, someone's got to do it!



No comments: