Thursday, June 28, 2007

Go Layout & Shell Frame





I LOVE THE IDEA of onelittleword.blogspot.com; the first challenge word to scrap being "Go". Even though the site has debuted and they have featured "Stop" & "My". . .I've only just begun. My page reads, "Go with flight! It's in a boy's DNA & I daresay, a boy thing! {Cousin Mike, Frank & Noah poolside, Stringer's} 2006." I'm determined to take art challenges whenever possible.
Next pictured, is my first very large square "Chunky Shell Frame", a project I recently completed. It takes a hefty stash of shells to do a project of this size. All of my shells are handpicked off the shores of the island I hail from, Maui. My artist sister Jeanne (most of my family still reside on Maui) introduced crafting with shells and she has taken the designing of the frames to a new level. She decided to make use of chunky pieces of shells, thus a new twist to the craft. The colorful texture is irresistible! It's truly a cycle of beauty & fullness, and I think I will have to feature my shell crafting adventure in detail soon. Crafting with shells: beachcombing, conversations, washing, sorting. . .to the actual craft project. . .is a blessing, and we know where all good things come from . . .it's similar to scrapbooking! We take bits & pieces of life and we create a message we'd like to preserve and marvel at.
The first Circle Journal arrived on my doorstep yesterday! Next, a layout of today's beach day at Huntington Beach or photos & CJ--oh my!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking forward to seeing the shell frames and I sum it up with Magnificent! I love that your home beyond the sea is still with you, and can still touch it. The GO layout turned out spunky and fun. When you were done, you must have left the room, returned with a "clean palate" and upon a final gaze at your creation, immedately felt HARMONY! SUCCESS! I love the action captured in the photo - your photos captivate me because they are ALWAYS originals, fresh angles and you present them with "out of the box" perspectives. I am grateful to be part and learn from you!