Friday, September 10, 2010

BTW


I have a good friend who has a artsy blog & she has been defining her blog purposes. I like that. Thanks Les!

My blog I fancy as a web journal of inspiration. Craft/arsty related. Anything deeper might be on my journal pages (Everyday Journal), but "deep" is a matter of personal consideration! Post 50, I don't digress or struggle quite in the same manner as I have as a younger woman. I have a storage of self absorbed journals ready to be tossed out. Maybe it's that 50's thing I have going for me, a good sense of maturity--possibly, but even that I don't care about as much anymore. I may take some time to deliberate if it strikes my mood. . .maybe this is why I do so many faces, I like to reflect the momentary mood. But even that passes too!

Adding also that I prefer this blog over Facebook.

Inspired by Sabrina Ward Harrison's self portraits, it made my camping trip this year a satisfying vacation! I do love to be absorbed into something artsy as reading SWH's set of visual journals & responding to it. Sketching is a big part of my life now, and is part of my journaling. I tell myself, anything small is good enough! Ah the good arsty crafty life! Never enough time for it & ideas just tumble about in the head waiting to surface some way, somehow!

No comments: