Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Shabby Chic Travel Journals 2010

I took a online tutorial class with Ann Moss from www.dispatchfromla.com recently. Knowing that my upcoming Costa Rica trip was scheduled this August, I had a creative desire to create travel journals for all of the travelers--four ladies!
I was able to find some of my personal stamps (everything is packed away presently) for summer flair.
My first pages. . .
Many mistakes were made as I began creating them at the last possible moment! Amidst caring for Kawai + the boys, preparing for the first vacation camping in the Sierra's--it seemed chaotic & crazy; and yet, the excitement in grabbing paper for FOUR travelers was a challenge I could not resist!
Constrained by time, I was not as shabby chic as the tutorial called for. Working with a sewing machine on paper was new to me & I enjoyed it. So much was going through my mind as I worked on these journals, I wanted to personalize the pages with supplies that I own but I didn't have much time so that did not materialize as much. I was able to staple small photos sporadically throughout the journals.
My kitchen looked like this most of the day, for about a week, until hubby came home!
Machine sewn. . .with EIGHT signatures (meaning page inserts to give each journal forty pages, 2 "signatures" per journal). A gift for Sarah, Nikki, Lacette & I. Woot! Woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are AMAZING Bee! Truly beautiful. I would have never thought you could use a sewing machine on paper. Now you've got my gears turning!