Sunday, August 29, 2010

Inspired by Summer Crafting

The Journals I pieced together recently featured a few of my personal mermaid & coral stamps I had carved in the past. It was a nice little touch I thought & I wished I had a few more. . .which began that desire to carve again. Part of me doesn't want to let summer go, it's like this with me every year. Summer consists of crazy burst of summer skies, oceans & shells--it's hard to let go. I sketched a total of three mermaids, can't seem to get my fill of them! The idea of a pregnant mermaid seems perfect since Sarah lives with me, she had Kawai & so many of her friends have had babies along with her, or like April, is having one.
Carve slowly. . .in between all the buzyness I live in.
It begins to look messy, but you remain patient.
And here she is. Makes for sweetness through & through! Perfect stamp for Mommies! And the memory of being hapai (with child).

No comments: