Friday, March 27, 2009

A Few Layouts & A Special Photo

I could translate how busy I am until the end of time--oh, I may just do that!
Lorin had to put Storm BEHIND his laptop as she usually sat on his chest.  This is what we do in the mornings, a  hot cup of java, laptops, fine music & the best company.
This is a carved rubber image Frank designed for his Art class.  Wow, talented boy that one!
It makes me melancholy to reminisce about my Mom.  And here is a precious photo of my Mom.  She was a cheerleader for Baldwin High School on Maui in 1947-8!  Her sister tells me what a beauty she was in her youth, and as a child I did compare her to Jackie Onassis because my Mom had this timeless simple yet elegant beauty like Jackie O.  My Mom became a RN, but was swept away by a soldier she married.  Her marraige lasted 17 tough years.  She had six children.  After her divorce, my Mom reinvented her life by going back to work as an LVN.  She worked some 20 years caring for the elderly, what amazing inner strength she had.   Mom is 80 now, dementia has taken most of her mind & she has been having seizures and falling quite a bit.  This is a bitter time for me living on the other side of the Pacific unable to help care for her.  May the Lord's grace cover a multitude of sadnss, human frailties & misunderstandings. His grace usually does.  

1 comment:

Kathy said...

wow Bee, this brings tears to my eyes...makes me think about the things my mom (81) is going through too. I know that 5 years ago when we moved to TN & then mom & dad followed that we were heading down a road that would not be easy but at least we would be close in proximity so they would have some family to watch over them. I feel for you being so far away but from what I hear, your beautiful daughter, Sarah, is doing a wonderful job of taking care of her. I'll light a candle for you & your mom on Sunday...love you Bee!