Sunday, March 24, 2013

Craft Love

 My favorite of the slew of Christmas crosses I crafted. . .alas gifted away!  Lucky Denise.
 This Christmas, my man crafted crosses so that I could gift shell crosses for Christmas. . .he made 15 of them.  I love my man.
 Gifts!  Gifted to me!  My sister Jeanne has been making shell signs for many years.  This artist did a unique take on it as she piled the shells upon eachother that this photo doesn't do justice.  It stands sideways about a half in in thickness.  When Jeanne and I were at Maui Swap Meet, our life theme at the moment was discussing "being content"; the struggle that simple state of mind can "be".  This is a life long attitude adjustment.  How to "be". . .she bought this for me as my name is Bee as well, sometimes it's a win win being me!
A couple of years ago I spied the Chen Lu wrap bracelets. . .I was determined to find a way to make them, and did. . .this is one I made for Janet.  She wanted blue.
 My personal collection.  Coral--oh I love you. . .and pyrite, yes!  The wrap bracelet took a long time to learn to do and many failures due to understanding thread strengths & beading techniques.  And finally I was introduced to the "ladder" bracelet. . .a much easier way to bead.
Another gift from Jeanne (and Mom) to me, it's a tahitian pearl bracelet crafted by my nephews wife who makes uses shells and pearls in her jewelry making.  I got to choose this yummy pearl, it has a beveled solid silver bangle.  Can you tell I have a weakness for jewelry?  I am not proud of it, but it is me.

No comments: