Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shells, More Shells & Bluebirds

I LOVE SUMMER TIME! Find happy places, that's what I say, and here is a moment in time--wind blowing on the shores of Maui, shell picking to hearts content.

My Abalone Story. I was gifted bagfuls of raw abalone from my brother-in-law Gary. He is a consummate diver, and inherited this abalone treasure from his father. Not knowing what to do with it, knowing how kook kooky choo I am. . .in turn has gifted me. His wife, Christa complimented me by saying only I could take a stinky dusty dirty bag of shells and create something beautiful. Joy, joy! {These are abalone pieces which are in raw form, I find the opposite side of the glorious abalone just as beautiful. Hope to get a rock polish drum sometime soon.}
Yesterday at Laguna Beach. . .purple blue--just another take of shells.
Little things. . .I love little blue birdies, blue bird of happiness. I took my trinket holder and touched it up with blue. What makes you happy?

No comments: